Important Tips When It Comes To Home Inspection
Discovering some issues about your home that would endanger the idea of selling the home is the last thing that you would want to happen. Even if there will be issues that will be revealed every time your home will have a home inspection, if you have kept your home properly maintained, you will not be worrying about a thing. The home inspection team will not find any issues and problems with the condition of your home if you have kept it properly maintained.
The idea of having a proper maintenance are most of the time put off because of several reasons such as the lack of money, lack of interest, and the lack of time. But every time it will come to selling your home and you are aware that a lot of people are interested, you should be able to take care of these things.
The things that are nagging you can become a big issue to a potential home buyer, and that will even cost you the sale of your home. You will be able to avoid the majority of these issues and problems if you will take note on these five crucial areas.
1. Heat pump or air conditioning system, coils in the furnace and dirty filter. If you have a professional to conduct a maintenance on your cooling and heating system once a year can help you take care of this issue. You should also take note that you need to replace or clean the filters at least a month or three based on the needs of the system that you have. If you do this, your unit will have a longer lasting life, a better fuel saving, efficiency, and you can make sure that your home will have the proper cooling and heating.
2. A bad caulking of the ceramic tile on the shower area and the tub. It will cost you a lot of money for the repair or replacement on a rotted wall inside your shower area. In order to avoid this, you should consider having a proper caulking on the tiled areas in your shower area. A small crack on the grout or calk inside the shower area is enough for water to pass through.
3. GFCI or Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters that are not properly functioning. The electrical outlets with the buttons Press and Test are the Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters. These outlets help prevent the chances of having an electrocution.
4. Rotten wood is another major concern that will prevent the sale of your home. You can avoid getting rotting wood in your home if you have the right moisture barrier.
5. Allowing an amateur do the needed repairs and maintenance. Every time an amateur is tasked to do the home project, most of the time the materials are of poor quality or are not the ones intended for the project.